Cookies, Cakes, Chocolate, Brownies, Muffins, Pies, Hello

Monday, May 14, 2012

My Latest Addiction

This summer I am starting my days off right with a healthy morning smoothie! Each day I create something different and delicious, using blending odd combos together such as ginger + banana + dates, or coconut milk + heaps of protein powder + cinnamon, or walnuts + blueberries + Naked Green Machine...You get the picture I'm in love with liquid breakfast's : )
My latest addition involves a combo which looks too healthy to drink, but I promise once you taste it you'll crave it for every meal!


Banana Bread Green Monster (serves two…or one very thirsty lady)
  • 1 ripe banana, frozen (peel before freezing!)
  • 1 C milk
  • 2 handfuls spinach leaves (I use fresh)
  • 1/4 C walnuts
  • 1/4 C oats
  • sprinkle of cinnamon
My first though upon making this was, “how the heck have I never thought of this before?!”
So delicious!
Combine the ingredients in your blender, light stuff on bottom (spinach, oats, cinnamon, walnuts), heavy stuff on top (banana–and ice, if you use it), and pour the milk over the top.
Blend the heck out of it until it’s nice and smooth.
Recipe is from: http://www.fullmeasureofhappiness.com/2012/05/03/banana-bread-green-monster/

No comments:

Post a Comment